Installation and Care
V-ComTM provides inspiratory comfort for patients using Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP & APAP) and bi-level PAP therapy.
This device is intended for single patient use in noninvasive breathing circuits to provide comfort to patients on CPAP, APAP, and bi-level PAP therapy.
Turn the PAP device on and let the patient feel it (we suggest a sample pressure of 12-15 cm H2O)
Let the patient experience the V-ComTM difference (at the same pressure)
Directions for use:
1) Make sure flow-generating device (CPAP Machine) is turned off.
2) Remove V-ComTM device from package and place in noninvasive breathing circuit between the hose from theflow-generating device and the patient interface (mask).
3) Verify all fittings are secure before turning on flow-generating device.
4) Clean (or replace) V-ComTM device after each use or 24-hour period per instructions below.
5) If V-ComTM is to be used long term, it should be replaced every 3 months (similar to hoses, masks, etc.).
22MM OD / 22MM ID Volume: 18 mL Weight: 9 grams.
Resistance to flow:
0.3 cmH2O @ 20 Lpm
0.6 cmH2O @ 30 Lpm
1.1 cmH2O @ 40 Lpm
1.7 cmH2O @ 50 Lpm
Wash with soap (e.g., Liquid dish soap) and water inserting a small, bristled brush in both ends of the V-ComTM device to penetrate and clean the complete airflow path. Twist the brush several times. Rinse with clean water and let air dry. Inspect for any damage or residue. If seen, reclean or replace.
V-ComTM is an accessory to a prescription therapy (CPAP, APAP, or bi-level PAP) and does not require a separate prescription.
Single patient use. Do not attempt to sterilize. Use cleaning instructions below. Before each use visually inspect the V-ComTM device to ensure airflow path is not obstructed. Replace V-ComTM if signs of wear are present.
Do not place the V-ComTM device in an active breathing circuit as this could possibly affect algorithms for auto-titration and respiratory event detection. Always turn flow-generating device off first, place V-ComTM device in the breathing circuit, and then turn flow-generating device back on.
V-ComTM affects inspiratory PAP more than expiratory PAP which may decrease pressure support and tidal volume during NIV therapy. V-ComTM has not been tested in adaptive servo ventilation and average volume-adjusted pressure support breathing circuits.
Ready to get started?
Optimize and improve your sleep apnea treatment with V-ComTM, no prescription required!
30 Day Money-Back Guarantee